L. David Johnson, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and joint replacement and reconstruction. He sees patients at West Tennessee Bone & Joint Clinic, P.C.’s main location in Jackson, Tennessee.
After earning his medical degree from the University of Tennessee in Memphis, Dr. Johnson completed residencies at Methodist Hospital and Campbell Clinic, also in Memphis. Dr. Johnson is a past president of the Tennessee Orthopedic Society and has served on the Tennessee Orthopedic Society Board since 2009.
Dr. Johnson is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and is associated with the Tennessee Medical Association, the Southern Medical Association, the Tennessee Orthopedic Society, the West Tennessee Consolidated Medical Assembly, and the West Tennessee Physicians’ Alliance.
Dr. Johnson has been married to his wife, Stephanie, since 1987. They have two children and three grandchildren. When he’s not in the office, Dr. Johnson enjoys boating, hunting, running, exercising, and family time.
- General Orthopedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement and Reconstruction
- Methodist Hospital-Memphis; Memphis, TN
- Campbell Clinic; Memphis, TN
University of Tennessee; Memphis, TN
Credentials & Qualifications
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Serving on Tennessee Orthopedic Society Board since 2009
- President of Tennessee Orthopedic Society, 2012 to 2013
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Tennessee Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Tennessee Orthopedic Society
- West Tennessee Consolidated Medical Assembly
- West Tennessee Physicians’ Alliance