W. Stan Ragon, Jr., M.D.Clinical Specialty:
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy, Joint Replacement and Reconstruction
University of Tennessee College of Medicine at Chattanooga
University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Tennessee Orthopaedic Society
- West Tennessee Physicians' Alliance
- Tennessee Medical Association
- West Tennessee Consolidated Medical Assembly
Dr. Ragon is among a select number of physicians in the United States who are trained in the Oxford uni-compartmental knee system. The Oxford system is less invasive than regular knee implants, reduces recovery time and improves mobility after surgery. It also is the only FDA-approved, free floating, meniscal uni-compartmental knee system available in the United States.
He grew up in Jackson and was class valedictorian at Jackson Christian. He served four years in the U.S. Navy where he was stationed in Guam and Pensacola, Florida, before joining West Tennessee Bone & Joint. He and his wife, Amy, have two children, Will and Jane Claire. His hobbies include hunting, fishing, running, cycling and competing in triathlons.
Watch: Dr. Ragon and his patient, Johhny Michael
Johnny Michael, pastor of Walnut Grove Baptist Church in Ripley, speaks with Dr. Stan Ragon about his hip
replacement surgery ...