This position will serve two roles: X-Ray Tech and Medical Assistant
General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for operating radiological equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray images as directed by physicians and to perform routine diagnostic procedures utilizing required radiation safety and quality control measures. Responsible for providing quality, efficient care to patients.
Position type: Full-time
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs all diagnostic radiology procedures according to established guidelines.
- Performs quality control measures to assure accuracy of procedural results. Reports to Supervisor any safety concerns.
- Verification and identification of all patients.
- Maintains equipment and utilizes protective devices to ensure patient and employee safety.
- Work area is organized, restocked, cleaned to ensure immediate availability for next procedure.
- Assesses the patient obtaining pertinent information and history prior to each physician visit.
- Ensures availability and maintenance of instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Performs all therapeutic modalities of nursing care as ordered by the physician.
- Collaborates with the physician and other staff to ensure smooth and efficient workflow.
- Maintains proper documentation and records for patient charts.
- Schedules surgery or other tests to be performed; obtains authorization for such tests and/or hospitalization from insurance companies or case managers.
- Answers and returns patient phone calls.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Successful completion of an accredited Radiology program
- ARRT license required
- Full-scope X-ray Operator license from State of Tennessee required
- Experience taking and transmitting radio-graphic images
- Working knowledge of managed care basics and experience working with a managed care and Medicare population
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records and word processing software
- Experience assisting in a medical clinic preferred
Download Application or apply online below.