General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for providing quality, efficient care to patients in the Paris clinic and/or satellite clinics. Assists Physician Nurses/Assistants in scheduling surgery, obtaining authorization for hospitalization, test and procedures from insurance companies and returning patient phone calls. Assists Physicians in the absence of the Physician Nurse.
Position type: Full-time
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assesses the patient obtaining pertinent information and history prior to each physician visit.
- Ensures availability and maintenance of instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Performs all therapeutic modalities of nursing care as ordered by the physician.
- Collaborates with the physician and other staff to ensure smooth and efficient workflow.
- Maintains proper documentation and records for patient charts.
- Schedules surgery or other tests to be performed; obtains authorization for such tests and/or hospitalization from insurance companies or case managers.
- Answers and returns patient phone calls.
- Assists in the absence of the Physician Nurse/Assistant.
Education: Certification preferred but not required.
Experience: One year of job-related course work or previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
Download Application or apply online below.