General Summary: A nonexempt position responsible for greeting, checking in, registering, and checking out patients in a courteous, professional and articulate manner.
Position type: Full-time
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Starting Salary: $14.50/hr.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares office for daily operations, greeting the patients and customers courteously.
- Answering incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner, delivering messages and responding to requests for information.
- Prepares patients electronic charts by entering patient demographic and insurance information accurately into the computer.
- Collects correct information necessary for billing from the patient, including correct insurance cards and photo identification.
- Collects copays and payments from patients and balances money collected daily.
- Checks out patients collecting fee tickets and any other paperwork needed. Accurately schedules patients for return appointments as needed.
- Accurately scans patient charts and loose documentation as needed.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Knowledge of medical practice procedures and terminology is helpful
- At least 6 months of appropriate medical office job experience preferred
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in potentially stressful situations
- High-level customer service and communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to use good judgment in the course of work
Download Application or apply online below.
- Jackson – Main
- Jackson – Stonebridge