General Summary: Position may be exempt or nonexempt responsible for providing quality, efficient care to patients in the main clinic and satellite clinics. Assists in scheduling surgery, obtaining authorization for hospitalization, test and procedures from insurance companies and returning patient phone calls. May assist Physicians in surgery and on call.
Hours: M-F, 8-5. Some Call may be required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists the Physician in surgery and on call maintaining their schedule to be the same as their designated physician.
- Assesses the patient obtaining pertinent patient information and history prior to each physician visit.
- Ensures availability and maintenance of instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Performs all therapeutic modalities of nursing care as ordered by the physician.
- Collaborates with the physician and other staff to ensure smooth and efficient workflow.
- Maintains proper documentation and records for patient charts.
- Schedules surgery or other tests to be performed; obtains authorization for such tests and/or hospitalization from insurance companies or case managers.
- Answers and returns patient phone calls.
Education: Certified Surgical Tech or Licensed Practical Nurse
Experience: CST with experience preferred. LPN with at least 1 year surgical experience REQUIRED. Experience in orthopedics helpful.
Download Application or apply online below.
- Jackson – Main